THE PLAINFIELD CO-OP
Co-op to the Core Since 1972!
With member equity taking effect in 2014, the bylaws have changed. Review them, here, at your leisure.
Bylaws are usually thought of as a contract among the members, the board of directors and an organization that addresses governance and financial rights. The Co-op membership has sole power to amend the Bylaws. As do most Bylaws, the Plainfield Co-op’s Bylaws establish rules governing these important areas:
· Membership qualifications and rights
· Obligations and warning for member equity/patronage
· Frequency, timing, quorum, and notice for membership meetings
· Board of director contact information, qualifications, terms, election and termination
· Frequency of and notice for board of directors meetings
· Board officer positions and responsibilities
· Indemnification of the board of directors by the Co-op
· Amendments of Bylaws and Articles of Association
CLICK HERE for the .pdf of the Plainfield Co-op Bylaws from 2013, for reference.