As a non-profit cooperative market, the Plainfield Co-op serves local producers, growers, and shoppers. Our purpose is to provide an outlet of distribution for local producers and growers, and to generate a sense of community in what would otherwise be a dispersed rural population.
The mission of the Plainfield Co-op is further defined by our Global Ends:
The Plainfield Co-op will -
1. Distribute healthy, affordable food and other goods
2. Actively seek local producers and growers, and support the local and regional economy.
3. Sustain the environment through its operations and the products it offers.
4. Increase awareness of cooperative principles and of other cooperative businesses.
5. Foster awareness about the quality and source of our food.
6. Build connections that are essential for a vibrant community.